Reef Fishes Volume 1
From Microcosm Aquarium Explorer
List price: $74.95
Publisher: T.F.H. Publications, Inc.
Series: Reef Fishes Series
Year published: 1998
Master Volume for the landmark Reef Fishes Series.
Moray Eels, Lionfishes Seahorses & Anthias
THIS IS THE DEFINITIVE WORK on the dazzling fishes of the world's coral reefs, especially those of interest to marine aquarists.
This first volume of a long-anticipated six-volume set covers reef environments, fish behaviors, anatomy, taxonomy, and evolution, with hundreds of species accounts and world-class photographs.
A much-needed reference for aquarists, as well as for divers and coral reef naturalists, this authoritative account includes more than 800 species photographs.
Families covered in this volume:
- Family Muraenidae / Moray Eels
- Family Heterocongridae / Conger and Garden Eels
- Family Ophichthidae / Snake Eels
- Family Plotosidae / Eel Catfishes
- Family Synodontidae / Lizardfishes
- Family Bythitidae / Livebearing Brotulas
- Family Batrachoididae / Toadfishes
- Family Antennariidae / Frogfishes
- Family Ogcocephalidae / Walking Batfishes
- Family Anomalopidae / Flashlight Fishes
- Family Monocentridae / Pineapple Fishes
- Subfamily Holocentrinae / Squirrelfishes
- Subfamily Myripristinae / Soldierfishes
- Family Aulostomidae / Trumpetfishes
- Family Pegasidae / Sea Moths
- Family Solenostomidae / Ghost Pipefishes
- Family Syngnathidae / Seahorses and Pipefishes
- Family Centriscidae / Shrimpfishes
- Family Caracanthidae / Coral Crouchers
- Family Tetrarogidae / Waspfishes
- Family Scorpaenidae / Scorpionfishes, Devilfishes, and Stonefishes
- Subfamily Pteroinae / Lionfishes
- Family Platycephalidae / Flatheads
- Family Dactylopteridae / Helmut Gurnards
- Subfamily Serraninae / Dwarf Seabasses and Hamlets
- Subfamily Anthiinae / Anthias